Procedures like NovaSure® Endometrial Ablation is the easy, one-time, 5-minute treatment trusted by millions of women – without the use of hormones or a hysterectomy. Prior to the day of the procedure please be sure to read through these Pre-Op instructions:
- Get prescriptions filled at least 3 days before the procedure.
- Do not eat or drink past midnight the evening before the procedure. You may take your medications with a small sip of water.
- Take 100mg of Cytotec at bedtime before the procedure and 100 mg. the morning of the procedure.
- Take 10mg of Valium about 1 hour before the procedure.
- Take 800mg of Ibuprofen every 8 hours the two days before and the day of the procedure.
- If you have problems with nausea please inform the office that you would like medication for vomiting.
- You will be given a prescription for pain medication after the procedure. Most patients will have cramping after the procedure and in some patients, the cramping is quite severe. If this occurs, continue taking the pain medication, as well as the ibuprofen. You may also try a heating pad or hot bath. The cramping usually improves after a few hours.
You may resume normal activities the next day.