Dr. Eric Jacoby or Dr. Berry Fleming will have arranged your Essure procedure to be sometime soon after your menstrual period ends. This will make it easier for your physician to see the openings of your Fallopian tubes and place the inserts. Prior to the day of the procedure please be sure to read through these Pre-Op instructions:
- Get prescriptions filled at least 3 days before procedure.
- Take 100mg of Cytotec at bedtime before the procedure and 100 mg. the morning of the procedure.
- Take 10mg Valium about 1 hour before the procedure.
- Take 800 mg. Ibuprofen every 8 hours the two days before and the day of the procedure.
- If you have problems with nausea, please inform the office that you would like medication for vomiting.
- You will be given a prescription for pain medication after the procedure.
- Do not eat or drink past midnight the nigh prior to the procedure. You may take your medications the day of the procedure with a sip of water.